Terms & Conditions
These terms describe the conditions applicable to accreditation and access to Canada Olympic House (COH) for the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games, located at 387-3, Kyo-dong, Gangneung City, Republic of Korea (the Venue), including the expected conduct and behaviors of all visitors, guests and other accredited persons at COH.
The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) may directly, or through authorized security agents or personnel, revoke any accreditation or access permission and eject or refuse entry to COH to any person for violation of these Terms and Conditions, applicable Venue rules, illegal activity, misconduct or failure to comply with any and all security measures and/or any other reasonable instructions of authorized COH officials. These Terms and Conditions may be updated from time to time by the COC and any COH accreditation or COH access will be subject to any such updated Terms and Conditions.
- Respect all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, laws governing the possession and use of drugs and alcohol and provision of drugs to any person and of alcohol to minors (note: in Korea, alcohol consumption is prohibited for individuals younger than 19 years old);
- Respect all rules and regulations applicable to the Venue where COH is located; such rules may be communicated and enforced separately by the Venue owner/operator;
- Respect all security measures formulated by COC at COH (including with respect to limited capacity, restricted zones, prohibited behaviors, evacuation orders and emergency procedures);
- Respect any restrictions or instructions regarding designated smoking areas in and around COH;
- Adopt a respectful and reasonable conduct so as to not bring the COC, Team Canada, partners, the Venue and/or any guest into public disrepute or censure;
- Avoid any unreasonable disturbance or noise to other guests or meetings, whether at COH and/or around the Venue;
- Avoid bringing or using any fireworks, smoke, fog machines, dry ice, confetti cannons, candles, incense, arms, weapons, artificial noisemakers, containers of any kind and/or other dangerous items of any kind in and around COH;
- Avoid bringing or consuming any food or drinks from outside the Venue;
- Consume authorized food and beverages in designated areas of the Venue only and dispose of waste items where permitted;
- Respect at all time COC Policy Statement on Conduct available here: (http://olympic.ca/canadian-olympic-committee/governance/policies/) including without limitations to avoid any action or statement that is threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful, intimidating, violent, defamatory, fraudulent, obscene, indecent or otherwise objectionable;
- Avoid engaging in ambush marketing and/or unauthorized commercial activities in or around the Venue;
- Respect any conditions communicated by the COC regarding any photos, videos or other recordings at COH and respect the image rights of any person in relation to any such photos, videos and/or recordings at COH;
- Respect all applicable laws, regulations, policies and guidelines relating to gifting, including in particular the IOC Code of Ethics, the Improper Solicitation and Graft Act (Korea), the COC Policy Statement and Guidelines on Conduct, and/or any other laws, regulations, agreements, terms and/or conditions;
- Dress appropriately; casual and sport attires are permitted;
- Consent to and authorize the use by the COC of any and all photographs, video, voice recordings or other media taken of any person during the course of visit(s) at COH and hereby waive any right to approve the use of these photographs, videos, voice recordings or other media now or in the future and waive any right to any royalties or other benefits derived from such photographs, videos, voice recordings or other media;
- While the COC takes appropriate precaution to create a safe and hazard-free environment at COH, assume all risks incident to the visit of COH, including the risk of lost, stolen or damaged property or personal injury;
- Respect the privacy of other guests at COH. Unless specifically authorized in advance by the COC or clearly authorized and identified at all times as such to access COH in a journalist capacity (subject to informing any person filmed or interviewed or information collected of such journalist status) no person may report or disclose any private or confidential exchanges and/or events taking place at COH, whether to the press, via social media or through any other means.
- Accreditations and access passes may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contests or sweepstakes), or other trade or commercial purposes without the express written consent of the COC. Accreditations and passes are issued personally and may not be exchanged, shared, transferred or otherwise provided to any third party without COC prior written consent.